Biotechnology and Healthcare
Micro/nanotechnologies are implemented to develop new solutions to the challenges that exist in the areas of biology, healthcare and the environment.
These issues are addressed by the following three approaches:
– Miniaturized systems for analytical and/or synthesis purposes. These microsystems enable the reduction of the amount of materials required and the shortening of response times. They also offer the possibility of collective assembly and the exploitation of micro/nano-environments for in-vitro diagnostics as well as the development of novel transduction mechanisms.
– Mastery of 2D and 3D molecular engineering in order to mimic and study molecular interactions and thus to develop innovative analytical tools.
– Development of non-invasive demonstrators such as sensors, smart clothes and smart environments, enabling the monitoring of health and wellness under real life conditions. Such systems are/can be used to study alertness, emotional and sensorial reactivity; to prevent disease by latent detection, for example in cases of infection or bedsores; and to monitor cerebral temperature and thermo-neuro-vascular parameters.
Activités scientifiques :
Nanosciences in Chemistry and Biology
- Molecular nanoassembly
- Studies of biomolecular interactions at solid/liquid interfaces (DNA/DNA, peptide/protein, antibody/antigen, glycoclusters/lectin…)
- Studies of liquid/solid interactions in micro- and nanofluidic systems
- Investigation of the physical properties (mechanical, motility, dielectric,…) of biological cells for in-vitro diagnostics
- Synthesis of multifunctional nanoparticles and nanofibers. Development of nanoporous materials.
- Near field scanning microscopy for the observation of biomolecules.
- Lab-on-chip and Cell-on-chip devices for diagnostics
- Microarrays: DNA, proteins, carbohydrates,…
- Multimaterial microfluidic chips
- Microstructuration of polymers and development of the associated instrumentation and techniques (micro/nano electroerosion, micro/nano contact printing, embossing)
- Design, fabrication and testing of novel, miniaturised, non-invasive, autonomous sensor
- Wearable Sensor Patches, Smart Clothes and Portable sensing systems
- Embedded electronics, telemetry and sensor networks
- Smart Environments
- Living Laboratory approach to design and testing
Molecular assembly, analytical micro-nanosytems, micro and nanofluidics, microarrays, glycoarrays, sensors and integrated systems for healthcare and wellness, diagnosis, drug discovery, nanobiotechnology, biophotonic, greentech, smart homes, smart clothes, lab-on-chip, physical properties of cells.