Guided wave photonics for embedded systems
This project allows homemade development such as :
- modeling tools (finite Difference Full Vectorial mode solver, Mode Matching Method and Fourier Modal Method) for design of basic building blocks for optical routing
- process developments thanks to NanoLyon cleanroom facilities (ebeam, laser and holographic lithographies, ALD, PECVD and sputtering material deposition, RIE and ICP etching tools)
- integrated optics set ups (linear, non linera, temperature and polarization characterizations).
We can notice that this axis develops in close collaboration with ST Microelectronics and UMI of Sherbrooke.
This operation, widely involved within the framework of the European program (STREP) SITOGA for realization of ultrafast modulator based on HES concept and IPCEI for sensor applications (bio-photonics and accelerometer).
 P. Castera, A. M. Gutierrez, D. Tulli, S. Cueff, R. Orobtchouk, P. Rojo Romeo, G. Saint-Girons, P. Sanchis, “Electro-Optical Modulation based on Pockels effect in BaTiO3 with a Multi-Domain Structure”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters , Vol. 28(6), pp. 990-993, 2016.
 X. Hu, S. Cueff, P. Rojo Romeo, R. Orobtchouk, “Modeling the anisotropic electro-optic interaction in hybrid silicon-ferroelectric optical modulator”, Optics Express, Vol. 23, pp. 1699-1714, 2015.
 R. Orobtchouk, A. Belarouci, B. Vilquin, P. Rojo Romeo, “Efficient integration of low refractive index active materials on CMOS compatible photonics platform based on half etch slot waveguide”, Photonics North, 21-23 May 2019 (Invited paper).
 R. Orobtchouk, “Nouveau guide d’optique intégrée utilisant une combinaison d’effets SLOT ARROW”, brevet n° FR1555755 du 23 juin 2015.
- Coordinator: Régis Orobtchouk
- Permanent: A. Belarouci, P. Rojo Romeo, S. Cueff, C. Monat, C. Grillet
- PhD: M. Calvo, E. Kempf